Thursday, December 18, 2008
From the Foster family to yours, we wish you a very Merry Christmas!!!
We pray that as Christmas draws near, you will take the time to reflect on God’s amazing gift of coming in the flesh so many years ago. The king of the universe chose to have a lowly and humble birth in a sheep stall. He came to bring: the grace of God, peace with God, truth, life, freedom to the captives. He brings: hope to the helpless, rest to the weary, and love to the broken heart, grace and forgiveness, mercy and healing and salvation to all who believe in Him. So Rejoice! For unto us a child was born. In the City of
It’s been another exciting year! This is the official announcement that we are having our fourth child in May! To answer all your questions: “Yes, we know how this happens. NO, we are not crazy, yes, we did plan it. And, no, I don’t think we are going to have 16 kids.) Anna thinks we are having a boy, because God told her in a dream. John thinks we are having a girl, but he has picked out the boy name of Zachariah, which is the name of John the Baptist’s father in the Bible. We have not found out the sex yet.
The LORD continues to bless us with good health, a great job, joyful spirits, grace and love. He’s taught us a lot about love, communication, honor, and parenting this year. Lorene’s baby carrier business, Frogmama.com has been blessed as well as she sells locally, nationally and internationally. She seems to be a favorite in
This has been quite a year of firsts, so here they are:
- John’s first year of official home school. John learned to ride a bike without training wheels (despite his mother’s attempts to keep him on four wheels). The song “Born to be wild” would describe John on a bike.
- John and Anna went to their first symphony and ballet, which created John’s first: “Dad, when is it over? Dad, I’m bored. Can we go home now?”
- Anna got her first dollhouse.
- It was the first and prayerfully the last time Anna loses Dad at the museum amongst thousands of people.
- We had the first visit from my mom, and sisters, Holly and Wendy.
had her first steps, words & sentences, and of course first broken arm (she is fearless). Lydia
- We took our first family camping trip in our 1977 pop up trailer.
Lydiahad her first trip to Disneyland.
Once again, we love you all and wish you a Merry Christmas!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
John and anna (with some help from dad) made box cars/trains to take to awanas this week here they are trying them out- ( Lydia is in anna's)
This was johns reaction when he saw the new Christmas train to go under the tree:)
a cute video of anna with our Christmas tree
We are busy:) I am feeling much better and am about 18 weeks along now. Wishing everyone a very merry Chrsitmas!!